Greetings and Happy Labor Day, friends! The summer haze is starting to burn itself out and that first whiff of autumn air is right around the corner. As we begin the long slow slide into Holiday Season 2020, we figure it’s time to pull out some more of the big guns.
Three years ago, we recorded an episode on The Santa Clause 2, and then immediately lost it the sands of time. This week we decided it was finally time to finish what we started. Santa Clause 2 is the definition of inessential, but is startlingly prescient in the way it depicts the rise of a fascist regime, and also how a fading 90s star can cling to fame with a vice grip well into the 2000s.
Also in this episode, we compare this film to another early-2000s blockbuster sequel, and Bradford discovers the worst Etsy listing on the entire internet (see below). All in a day’s work for Christmas Creeps!
Right click here to download! Click below to listen now!
SHOW NOTES FOR THIS EPISODE:
- The Santa Clause 2 is available to stream here
- See Also: Our episode on the original Santa Clause
- “Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver” – Primus
- (What other Christmas podcast would tell you to watch a Primus video?)
- Apparently you’re allowed to sell human teeth on Etsy
- Reddit’s take on the climactic battle scene
- KRANKOMETER: (0, -2)
Questions? Complaints? Requests? Hit us up at XmasCreeps@gmail.com!