This one has been a long time coming. Our celebration of all things Bob Clark—known around these parts as CLARKSGIVING—comes to an end with perhaps the greatest Christmas movie of them all: A CHRISTMAS STORY!
On this episode, our friends Booker and Jessie join us for a discussion of one of the true kings of holiday cinema. The adventures of Ralphie Parker and his quest for that elusive Red Ryder BB gun have become an American institution in the form of TV marathons, museums and, yes, a cash-in sequel or three. But what makes this film endure where so many other wannabe Christmas classics simply don’t? When exactly does the film take place? Who would want to live down the street from that house? We dig into all of that and more!
Right click here to download! Click below to listen now!
SHOW NOTES FOR THIS EPISODE:
- A Christmas Story is available to stream/rent On Demand, and on DVD/blu
- The only true ACS sequel: It Runs In The Family (aka My Summer Story)
- SEE ALSO: Our episode on the loathsome A Christmas Story 2
- More about the deleted “Flash Gordon” sequence here
- Colonel Sanders goes Super Saiyin
- Neon Genesis Fried Chicken
- KRANKOMETER: (6, 4)
Questions? Complaints? Requests? Hit us up at XmasCreeps@gmail.com!