This week we return to world of Jim Henson with the 1992 holiday classic The Muppet Christmas Carol! You know how this story goes: Ebenezer Scrooge is a miserly old turd who only loves his money. Three spirits show him the error of his ways, yadda yadda yadda Christmas is saved!
But the Muppets put their own unique spin on this tale, with some help from Jaws: The Revenge‘s Michael Caine! Is it enough to overcome what an often dark and tragic story A Christmas Carol can be? Or do the Muppets take things too far in the sillier direction? Join us as we answer these questions and more!
SHOW NOTES FOR THIS EPISODE
- The Muppet Christmas Carol is available to stream here!
- SEE ALSO: Our episode on A Muppet Family Christmas
- SEE ALSO: Joe talks more about this film’s music on The OST Party!
- Defunctland’s series on Jim Henson
- KRANKOMETER: (4, 5) (???)
Questions? Complaints? Requests? Hit us up at XmasCreeps@gmail.com!