Merry Christmas to one and all! We don’t usually pit two films against one another, but since it is Christmas we thought we’d give you fine listeners a little holiday treat.
Home Alone is one of our generation’s unassailable holiday classics. We’ve covered a number of its sequels on the show before, but tonight we’re finally digging into the 1990 original. But because one Home Alone simply isn’t enough, we’re also doing a deep dive into the newest entry in the series, Home Sweet Home Alone, just released on Disney+.
What makes the original a modern classic while the remake struggles to even find its footing? How many of the traps would a human being reasonably fall for? What on earth do you even use a male-to-male extension cord for, anyway? Join us as we answer these questions and a whole lot more!
SHOW NOTES FOR THIS EPISODE:
- All six Home Alone movies are available on Disney +
- SEE ALSO: Our episodes on Home Alone 2, Home Alone 3, and Home Alone 5
- SEE ALSO: Our episode on Nirvanna The Band The Show
- Male-to-male extension cords are a heck of a thing
- Come join the Christmas Creeps Discord today!
- KRANKOMETER: Home Alone (5, 5) / Home Sweet Home Alone (2, -2)
INTRO/OUTRO: “Carol of the Bells” by Bards Bizarre. Check em out on Bandcamp today!
Questions? Complaints? Requests? Hit us up at XmasCreeps@gmail.com!