Can you believe it’s been four years and we haven’t discussed a Rankin/Bass special yet? Anyway, we’re rectifying that this week by diving deeeeeeeep into the R/B catalog and digging up the 1981 special The Leprechaun’s Christmas Gold! It’s about leprechauns trying to stop a banshee from stealing their gold before Christmas morning. Why leprechauns? Why Christmas? Why anything?
Later we move on to some unfinished business regarding our episode on The Star by discussing it’s spiritual antecedent, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey. That’s right, you’re getting two Rankin/Bass specials for the price of one this week. Lucky you!
Right click to download! Click below to listen now!
SHOW NOTES FOR THIS EPISODE:
- Both Nestor and The Leprechaun’s Christmas Gold are streaming on Dailymotion
- No, I will not link you to them.
- You want a link? How about reading up on banshees?
- THE LEPRECHAUN’S CHRISTMAS GOLD: (-1, 0)
- NESTOR THE LONG-EARED CHRISTMAS DONKEY: (1, -2)
Questions? Complaints? Requests? Hit us up at XmasCreeps@gmail.com!